Thursday, May 30, 2024

Almost 10 Years in the Making...

In October 2014, I took a class with Kaffe Fassett called "Overlapping Tiles".  We spent all day cutting squares and putting them on our design walls to come up with a pleasing composition.  Kaffe and Brandon came around the room to each quilter to make suggestions about colours/fabrics to add or take away and arranging the tiles. They added 5 fabrics to my quilt including the constant fabric--none of which I would have added myself.  I finished the quilt top a year ago. I originally planned to make a queen sized quilt, but eventually downsized it to a lap quilt.  It has been pin basted for months and this week, I finally got it quilted and bound.  I'm calling it "Spring Vibes".  


The green solid binding was in my stash and I had just enough of it. 




These next two pictures show the quilting design--done with my walking foot. 



I also did some hand stitching on my Lupins cross stitch project this week and plan on working on it again this weekend. 


The Dalias in my patio pot are putting on a show this week. 



This week's hike featured Canada Anemones in full bloom. 


Today, we were in Sarnia to celebrate my MIL's birthday.  We took a short walk by the water and found lots of fun painted rocks along the walkway.  Here are a few of my favourites!






And what is a Cozy Quilter blogpost without a picture of our grand-dog, Finn?  Here, he is assisting with an online meeting for our daughter's work. 


I will link up with Kathy and Frederique this weekend. 

12 comments:

  1. Love Finn...too sweet.
    Your quilts are beautiful!
    Happy weekend...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! Lovely squares, and I like your quilting. This quilt is bright and sunny, its name Spring Vibes suits it perfectly! Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quilting you did on your Spring Vibes quilt. It really makes the tiles look like they are overlapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those painted bird rocks are awesome! Congrats on finishing that UFO quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific finish! I bet as you were quilting, you were reliving the class with Kaffe and Brandon!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. I immediately noticed your new header photo. I love how you quilted this. The lupins stitchery is so pretty. I like the addition of the pink. Those painted rocks are so interesting. Love that Finn is helping with work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great finish, Gail! I love the colors and the design - neat quilting design, too. What an experience to take a class with Kaffe himself! Your lupines are looking good and so are your live flowers. Those rocks are a fun find - the pelicans made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish. Your lupins stitchery is lovely, and Finn is his usual handsome self. Love those rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I just love your finished quilt and it looks spectacular as your heading photo as well. Your lupine stitch is so gorgeous ; you are moving right along with it. My grandsons painted rocks this week. They are a treat to see while walking aren't they. Give Finn a pat on the head and have an awesome week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always nice to get a quilt finished. It’s a great pattern and I love the bright colours! Your cross stitch is lovely as is Finn as always. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  11. colorful fun quilt - it mush have been interesting to see how they think and design in person. Love that green binding.
    Beautiful cross stitch and real flowers.
    We painted rocks in the early days of covid and gifted them anonymous to the neighbors by the mailboxes. It was a fun project and some are still around :)
    Sweet Finn - such a sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  12. 10 years in the making, but it's done now and looking great. I'm sure I've got a couple of UFOs older than that. Finn is looking great, as usual.

    ReplyDelete