Saturday, May 4, 2024

Lupins

I was under the weather for a few days this past week and did not go near my sewing machine all week.  I managed to add some more stitches to my Lupins cross stitch and it is finally looking like more than just a purple blob.  There are still lots more purple stitches to do though...


Last week, Jill asked me what book I was reading.  My daughter gave me this book for Christmas--it is about a midwife in the late 1700's in Maine.  Excellent read--I highly recommend it!


I lead a monthly book club and I am currently reading our June book--Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie.  The May book is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society--an epistolary novel. (written in letters)


Finn is heading home with our daughter tomorrow.  He was very happy to see her when she arrived on Thursday and leaped into her lap before she even got out of the car. We took him for a walk at the park this week when the sun was shining. Everything is bursting in to leaf and flower!


It was warm enough this week to do some reading in the gazebo.  The flowers in the gardens are looking fresh and colourful.  I love this chartreuse colour of the fothergilla bush flowers in the spring. 


In 2017, Canada celebrated 150 years and lots of people planted these special Canada 150 tulips.  Such pretty colours!  I have a wire fence around these tulips to keep the rabbits from eating them. 


We went for a walk this morning and ended up in a small wooded area not too far from our house. 






 I will be back at my sewing machine this week and hope to do some more cross stitching as well.  I will link up with Kathy and the slow Sunday stitchers tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. Reading a good book is the perfect medicine when you are feeling a little under the weather. All those bluebells are a lovely sight. Hope you are feeling better soon, Gail and you are back sewing at the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely see the lupin emerging now. It's going to look lovely. Your photos from your walks look so nice. You will miss Finn when he goes home! Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at how much earlier our spring is then you - our trees have been totally leafed out for weeks now. Finn is always so delightful. It seems he is your part time dog isn't he. The tulips are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. I just came down with my 3rd cold since March. I am tired of feeling sick. Your lupin stitching is so pretty. I love the colors. That book is on my list to read. I'm glad to hear that you like it. I am sure Finn is thrilled to be back with your daughter. I bet you will miss him. Love the Canada tulip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful area for a walk! I have that book on my library hold list - looking forward to reading it. Your lupine design is starting to take shape, and it looks like it will be a pretty one. Have a wonderful Sunday, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are well on the road to recovery and sewing. Pretty shades of purple make up the cross stitch Lupine blossoms. The Frozen River appears to be quite popular as I had to put a library hold on it as well. Good for you leading a book club! Brit Box did an episode of Murder at the Vicarage. Certainly, Finn enjoyed his vacation at your house.

    ReplyDelete