Saturday, April 27, 2024

My Sew Together Bag


I bought myself a kit to make a Sew Together Bag at QuiltCon in February...it came with a booklet of instructions which I have been following carefully to make my bag.  I have one more zipper and some binding to add before it is done.  The dark turquoise square is a wool needle landing.  This has been a fun project to work on and I look forward to finishing it this week. 


I worked on my cross stitch Lupins this week too, adding more purple stitches as well as a few cream coloured ones.  If you use your imagination, you can start to see the lupins. 


The bleeding hearts are blooming in my garden as well as the yellow tulips that my daughter planted in our side garden 24 years ago.  




I have several friends who are rug hookers and one of them invited me to see the rugs that were on display at their annual provincial conference in London. Here are a few of my favourites.  


This next one, inspired by a Group of Seven painting, was hooked by my friend Joanne. 


I thought this lighthouse looked familiar to me and when I checked the information about the rug, I found it was based on a photo that someone had taken at the Rose Blanche lighthouse in Newfoundland.  We were there last summer when we were in Newfoundland!  I have added my photo of the lighthouse. It was raining when we were there so the sky was not blue with white fluffy clouds as shown in the rug.  If I was not a quilter, I think I could be a rug hooker but I'm not willing to invest in the equipment and wool stash at this time. I have a kit that I purchased in Newfoundland last summer and hope to work on it sometime.  A kit is the way to go for me right now. 





Finn and I enjoyed several hours outside in the sunshine this week.  I read my book while he basked in the sun. 


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

7 comments:

  1. All those compartments in your Sew Together Bag are fabulous. Lots of space to hold things. I think I too would love to make hook rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat stitches of actually places - I love that stone buiding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a lovely and practicable bag, I love the inside pouches. Those hooked rugs are beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing all these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea for a sew organizer. I would have bought the kit as well as I've never yet made a bag or pouch. Bleeding heart is such a pretty perrenial. Stone lighthouse is certainly built to withstand many a storm. I hope you are reading a good book. If so, perhaps you could share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sew together bag! Those rugs are beautiful, full of colour and life. Finn looks like he's having fun sun bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sew Together bags, but haven't tried one yet. Yours looks like it's going together very well! Those rug-hooking projects are amazing - especially the beautiful lighthouse. I remember that from your posts about your trip last year. You're off to a good start with the lupine project - have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your bag is coming together. My bleeding hearts are starting to bloom also. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Please send me your email so I can add to my contact list for future.

    ReplyDelete