Saturday, September 14, 2024

Pin Basting and More Placemats

I added the binding to the placemats I made last week for Meals on Wheels.  Now, I have six completed placemats and I hope to make 12 for this project of the Oxford Quilter's Guild.  




This week, I started four more placemats and I have fabric pulled for a couple more.  I need to piece some more batting scraps to quilt the rest of them and pick out binding fabrics. Sorry, no picture of the 4th one. 



I finished off the last few stitches in the blue quadrant this week and started on the border of the green section to the left.  More details will emerge as I add more stitches this week.  The wonky border to the right of the fox is actually straight--it just isn't lying flat in the picture.  


I also added the outer border to the potato chip quilt I am making for the Hospice and got it pin basted.  I will be quilting this one myself with my walking foot.  




These begonias on my front porch have been blooming happily all summer.  


My husband and I went for a walk in Port Stanley as the sun was setting one evening this week.  The lake was calm and the seagulls were showing their stuff. 




Our hike with the hiking club was at the Fingal Wildlife Management area.  The leaves are just starting to turn in our area.  It felt like we were walking in a tunnel!


Finn, as usual, is a happy boy, especially when he gets to go outside!



I will link up with Kathy and Frederique.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow - what a nice group of MoW placemats. Our guild is making them too.
    Loved your water and woods photography. Just beautiful.
    Give that sweet Finn a pet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilted placemats are wonderful. Certainly, they will make the recipients’ day. Two scenic hikes you took this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sunset photos. So pretty and peaceful. Your placemats look wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing what will be stitched in the green border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely placemats, and I love your views from your walks and hikes. Always love seeing Finn pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your placemats are a lovely project, Gail - the recipients are going to love them! That's a beautiful begonia, too. I enjoy seeing where you walk and hike. We've been hiking in the redwoods this week - beautiful places! Happy Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you added sashing around the potato chip blocks. I am working on some blocks myself. They are loads of fun! Your placemats are so lovely. Enjoy your week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete