Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Birthday quilt

I am still working on my MIL's birthday quilt. Her birthday is this weekend, but the family party is not until the first weekend in June so if you know her, please don't tell yet!!!

Here are some pictures of the whole quilt, and details of the blanket stitch (by machine) that I am adding to the flowers and leaves. The vines are hand appliqued and the sheep, leaves and flowers are fused applique.


I still have two flowers and 12 leaves to go... I'm hoping to be at the quilting stage by the weekend. Stay tuned for a picture of the finished product.

Many years ago, I spent a lot of time doing counted cross stitch pictures--mostly as gifts for others, but some for myself as well. Here is one of the pictures I did with a quilty theme.

I will post a photo of the other picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment