Saturday, January 24, 2009

"I Spy" a baby gift...


This is what I started with this morning. I spent an evening earlier in the week cutting out 6" squares for two "I Spy" quilts for my cousins' babies. I went through all of my fabric looking for interesting squares for these quilts. I wanted 48 squares for each quilt. After going through all my fabrics, I came up a few short for each quilt. On Thursday night at guild, I asked if anyone had some 6" squares to trade. Nancy most generously offered me some of her (without trading!). I went and got them last night and got busy today sewing them together. I decided that they needed some framing so I used some black fabric I had leftover from another project. Here is a picture of the completed top #1. The second top is not quite done yet. I will post a picture of it later.

3 comments:

  1. Fun layout for the I spy! Black really makes the blocks stand out doesn't it? Are you doing a border around it yet or leaving it like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fabulously fun prints here, everyone will want to play I spy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog,
    Take care

    ReplyDelete