Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Parcel in the Mail and Borders Progress

Robin, my swap partner for the recent Quilted Table Yahoo Group candle mat swap, made me a second candle mat because we all thought the first one was forever lost in the mail. She decided to make this one with a spring theme since we were already well past St. Patrick's day. So, now I have two candle mats! By the time I let her know the St. Patrick's mat arrived, this one was already in the mail. She sent a magazine about the Finger Lakes area in New York State as well as a FQ along with the mat. I am feeling quite spoiled getting two packages within a few days of each other.
Last night, I cut out the rest of the pieces I need for the pieced border on my Grateful Heart Sampler. I marked the diagonals on the little squares for the flying geese units and piled everything up by the sewing machine in preparation for some sewing time tonight. The weather was so beautiful today that I decided to do some outside jobs when I got home and after supper until it got dark--I was in an office all day and could just look outside at the sunshine. So, I vacuumed my car, put away the winter greens arrangement on the front porch, cleaned up some sticks in the back yard and put the table and chairs out on the patio in the back yard (with a little help from my husband). I did manage to do a bit of sewing when I came inside. I will keep working on the flying geese tomorrow. I hope to have everything pieced by the end of the weekend. For the last two years, I have been driving 1 hour and 10 minutes each way to work. I have been transferred to the office in my home town now so I only have to drive 6 minutes each way to work now. I have lots of extra time in the morning and after work to get things done! This is so exciting! More time to sew...

I took some pictures of my first daffodils today as well. The one on the left is less than 2" across. The one on the right is a regular sized daffodil.

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful daffodils! I really love this purple candle mat, too.
    Don't you love the simplicity of it, with the pretty print of the floral?
    So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I LOVE that purple candle mat! Awesome. Glad you're getting things done on your sampler too. I haven't done any sewing this weekend. We cleaned the house after having all the grandkids and kids over yesterday...it was a disaster!! Then we hung up cabinets in the laundry room that we picked up at an auction sale. So nice to have that room organized. Hopefully, we can get together and sew soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the commute change that gives you more time for quilting!

    ReplyDelete