Sunday, March 28, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Swap


My garden is coming to life and with the warm weather forecast for this week, it will be bursting with more colour soon. I love the way the columbine leaves unfurl. I have many different kinds of columbine in my garden--I think they are my favourite flowers.

These crocuses are blooming like crazy in my front garden. The rabbits have not yet discovered them...
I also have some daffodils that are about to burst into bloom. I will add more pictures this week.

Back in February, I told you about a St. Patrick's day candle mat swap that I participated in through the Quilted Table Yahoo group. This is the candle mat that I made and sent to my swap partner in New York State, USA.

I waited and waited for my mat to arrive. The swap organizer, the quilter who made my swap and I were all perplexed about why my mat had not arrived since it had been mailed at the end of February. Finally, on Friday, my package arrived! I soon realized why it had taken so long to get here...When my swap partner did the label on the computer at the US post office website, she accidentally clicked on "Canary Islands" instead of "Canada"!!! Haven't we all done something like that before!!! I sent her an e-mail to let her know the mat had finally arrived and how it had taken the long route to get here. Thanks Robin for the beautiful mat, St. Patrick's Day mat and pencils. I look forward to using it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment