Monday, September 20, 2010

How I Spent my Morning...

I spent my morning at Christine's house where we were working on piecing the borders of our Carolina Christmas quilts. We each got about 1/2 of the units done and hope to get the rest done before we get together again in a few weeks. Both of us are still working on putting the blocks together for the middle of the quilt as well. I have one row of 5 blocks put together.

We have already decided that we are going to work on another quilt together after we finish this one. We have a couple of ideas about what the next project might be.

My mums are in full bloom in the backyard garden--they are a nice bright spot in the garden at the moment. I had company yesterday and scurried around in the morning to decorate the house for fall before everyone arrived. Here is my table centerpiece:

I also put out my new Fall table runner on the trunk that we use as a coffee table in our living room.

I received a fabric postcard in the mail today from another quilter in the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. I had put one of my postcards into the mailbox at the last meeting. Isn't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment