Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quilt Show Season!

Today, I went to the Oxford Quilt guild show in Ingersol, Ontario. "Pieces of Magic"--lots of beautiful quilts. Several showed different colourways of the same pattern such as Friendship Braid. They had a FB class at the guild. It was interesting to see how different the quilts looked with the fabrics that each quilter picked. I only took a few pictures. They had two places where the quilts were displayed--Trinity United Church and the Ingersol Art Centre. I took pictures of my favourite quilts at each site:

Lots of tiny pieces in this sampler!!!  Maybe I will try one of these one day as a new challenge to myself!

These quilts were made at a workshop led by a guild member who had learned about the Gee's Bend quilts. I picked the one in the bottom picture as my favourite at the Art Centre.


Tonight was the first meeting of the season for the Elgin Piecemaker's Guild. Lots of good show and tell. I had my camera but did not take any pictures.

Tomorrow, I have to be up bright and early for the London Friendship Quilters' guild show. I think I am Over-Dosing on quilt shows this week...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of quilts. I am personally very influenced by the Gee's Bend quilts and every time I see one.. it makes me happy! I like the one at the bottom the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Gail...like the Gees Bend blog post too. Just posted mine and linked your page to it as well :-). The girls all had a great day and are looking forward to the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete