Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blue Ridge Beauty Layout and some Quilty Mail

TaDa!  I decided to go with layout #3--the large diamonds--for my Blue Ridge Beauty quilt. I had 101 blocks made and after some math to figure out how many I would need to make this a generous queen size quilt, I decided I needed 120 blocks. I made 19 more blocks--I had to cut and sew some more HST units but I had just enough 4 patches made already. In fact, I had one 4 patch leftover when all is said and done. I will use it for my label on the back of the quilt!


None of the blocks are sewn together yet. I want to stare at it a few times to make sure I like the way everything looks. I shuffled a few blocks around tonight where two pieces of the same fabric were touching each other. I have some time to sew on Saturday so maybe I can get all the blocks together then.

I received Quilty mail two days in a row this week!  On Monday, I received two books that I had ordered from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. I have spent lots of time this week pouring over the patterns and ideas in these books and have several projects in mind to work on at some point.


On Tuesday, I received these green charm squares in the mail from Quilter Kathy. I won them in a guessing game on her blog.  Thanks Kathy! 


That's all for now. Time for bed!

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome...thanks for playing!
    Love the layout you chose for your blocks...makes me want to dig my BRB blocks out of the closet :)
    I'm sure that sewing these blocks together will be WAY easier than other blocks we have waiting for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt will be fabulous when complete. Now I feel like I need to make one too! Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be beautiful when it's all done. Not that it doesn't look that way now. I think blue is my most favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be wonderful, I do like the layout. Sleep tight, my dear!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete