Monday, November 19, 2012

I Quilted til I Wilted...

Saturday was QTYW day for the London Friendship Quilters' guild. Christine, Cathy and I sat together and sewed and sewed...

Christine was working on a Christmas quilt and hopes to get it done before this Christmas...


Cathy is making I spy quilts for her grandchildren for Christmas. She finished piecing one quilt and started the blocks for the next quilt. Cathy had a very productive day!

 
There are lots of fun fabrics in this quilt!
 
The second quilt started out with stars with an I Spy novelty print in the centres.
 
 
The star blocks have an interesting secondary pattern going on!
 
Cathy likes to sew in her sock feet--there is a downside to this...
 
 

I worked on an old UFO--I bought the kit to make a snowman wall hanging many years ago and about 5 years ago, started to make the wall hanging at a QTYW day. I had not touched this project again until Saturday when I finished machine appliquing the pieces on the quilt, quilting it at the same time. I also quilted a cross hatch design on the background. By the time supper was served, I had this project completed to this point.

I hope to get the button eyes and mouth done on this week along with the binding. I will be hanging this wall hanging in my family room this winter.

After supper, I added the final borders to my Swoon quilt top so it is ready to be quilted now--I just have to piece the backing.

I will post a picture of the completed snowman quilt as soon as it is done.

All in all, Saturday was a great day--sewing, time with friends and lots of inspiration to be had as I wandered around the room to look at everyone else's projects.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you actually posted that picture of my socks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun! The snowman is looking good, can't wait to see Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You snowman is so cute, he'll be glad to be finished and hung up this year! I like the checkerboard blocks in the I Spy, that made it have a fun look ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat way to combine the stars with I Spy centers! I'm going to have to remember that for future use!

    ReplyDelete