Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Bags are Packed...I'm ready to go... (almost!)

Tomorrow morning, dark and early, Christine, Carol and I will be leaving for Elk Rapids, MI where we will join several other quilters at Gwen Marston's annual (and final!) Beaver Island Quilt Retreat. I have been flitting about all day, gathering up everything I will need for a week of sewing and relaxing at the retreat.

I cleaned my sewing machine, oiled all the moving parts and changed the needle. I am going to do some hand sewing in the car...I put the binding on my 9 patch mystery quilt this afternoon to test out the machine after its tune-up--all is running smoothly and there are fewer squeaks now! I love hand sewing binding in the car--it keeps me awake and is a good use of my time on the long ride.


I did a bit more applique on my Becky Goldsmith workshop project this week
. I just have the tree to go and this block is done.


Here are some pictures of the lovely quilting on my 9 patch mystery quilt. Cathy at Eagles Wings quilts did a great job!  Thanks, Cathy!

 
 
I will do another stash report when I get home.

Now, I need to get some sleep before my vacation starts!


1 comment: