Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Liberated Charity Quilt Blocks

I made a couple more charity quilt blocks for the Elgin Piecemakers charity projects this week.  This red and grey block will be handed in at our June meeting,. The cardinal and the light gray fabric were purchased last month at Mad About Patchwork. I decided at the beginning of this year that I was going to make more projects without patterns this year and these blocks are part of meeting this goal.

I love the cardinal in the middle of this block!

For May's block, we are to use blue fabrics only.  I decided to make a liberated wedding ring block from one of Gwen Marston's liberated quilt making books.  You may remember that I made a liberated wedding ring quilt from selvages a few years ago.

I like to have a few of these charity blocks made ahead of time so that I don't have the pressure of having to make one in a hurry before a meeting. Other members of the guild have been known to make their blocks after supper on the night of our meeting...

Yesterday was a beautiful day, sunny and with a hint of Spring in the air.  Today, a blizzard blew in and dumped over 20 cm of snow on us and blew it around!  Tonight, there is a cold weather alert. I can't wait for Spring to come and stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment