Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Afternoon Sewing

Cathy, Christine, Pat and I got together this afternoon to do some sewing---actually, Pat was knitting some socks, but the rest of us were sewing! We had homemade cookies and Chocolate Orange Tea part way through the afternoon. Cathy worked on some binding and some scrappy teal blocks and Christine worked on a civil war block of the month project and the final blocks for a quilt for her sister.

I finished off a quilted pillow that I started last week. Nice Spring colours!


The back is some Kaffe Fasset fabric.




Jacqui gave me a kit to make this pillow for my 50th birthday over a year ago so I figured I should get it made!

Here is a close up of the quilting:



I also made this London Roads block for a fundraiser quilt. It is a 9" finished block.




Then, I made two pillowcases--wedding shower gifts for the bride and the groom.



All in all, a successful and productive sewing day!

Here is my stash report for this week:

 Fabric used since my last stash report: 3.0 yards
Total fabric used this year: 42.35 yards
Fabric added to the stash since my last report: 2 yards (for the pillowcases)
Total fabric added this year: 24.65 yards
Net fabric used this year: 17.7 yards
Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment