Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Another Baby Quilt Underway

I have had this jelly roll in my stash for a few years now.  I love the bright colours and decided to use it to make a baby quilt in waiting...a gift to have on hand.  


When Christine and Jacqui were here on Monday night for an evening of sewing, I made 10 of the 20 blocks I will need for this quilt.  Each "S" block is 10.5 x 10.5".  The quilt will be 40" by 50" so I can use one of my 2 yard pieces of flannel for the back without doing any piecing!  I will do the quilting myself.  


I am using up some solid scraps from my stash...there are lots of colours in the jelly roll fabrics to choose from!  


My purple cone flowers are in bloom this week!  

3 comments:

  1. That's going to be a really fun and colorful quilt. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to use a jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very effective ways to use those incredibly bright fabrics.

    ReplyDelete