Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fireflies

We are well past firefly season in my backyard but there are two colourful fireflies on my design wall today!  I made this turquoise one last night...

 
 
and the purple one was completed today.
 
 


There sure are a lot of pieces in these little block!  Once again, some unsewing was required in the assembly of these blocks.

I now have all my blocks finished for a baby sized quilt!  There is sashing between all the blocks so that will be next on the agenda.  The animal blocks were fun to make.

This is one colourful quilt!  I will be quilting this one myself. It will get put into line behind three others that are ahead of it. 

7 comments:

  1. These blocks are looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I got the idea you made one firefly yesterday and one today (no bid deal) until I read you had to do a little unsewing. I thought I was the only one. You've doubled my output! I still have a lone firefly, but he is cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fireflies. They go with all the other sweet animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these patterns so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both fireflies are so cute, and your whole collection looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet quilt - love the bright colours. You will have fun quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These creatures are so darn cute!
    I was at a class yesterday where we learned to make other kinds of creatures... so fun!

    ReplyDelete