Saturday, July 7, 2018

Cross Stitching in the Car and a Comfort Quilt Block

I made lots of progress on my Fountain Glass Window cross stitch project this week.  A few longer car rides and some evening stitching in the gazebo helped!  I am just about finished with the upper left corner of the picture. 


Today, I finished off the DMC#318 thread that was on my skein and started using the skein that was sent to me by Paige at Quilted Blooms.  It is a perfect match!  I can't tell where my thread ends and her thread starts.  Can you?


I will keep working away at this corner until all the cross stitching is done and then move around the picture clockwise.

I belong to three quilt guilds--the smallest one--the Elgin Piecemakers has under 20 members and we meet in each other's homes each month.  Our charity project is comfort quilts for adult chemo patients at our local hospital. At the beginning of the year, we are given a list of colours/themes to make a 12.5" quilt block each month (except July, August and December when we do not meet).  I like to make my blocks ahead of time so I am not scrambling at the last minute to get them done.   This week, I made my navy and lime green block for our September meeting.  I had already made the blocks for October and November so I am all caught up for this year!


I had hoped to have the colours reversed but I did not have enough of the navy to do that so it was made this way instead.

The background colour of the block matches the leaf colour of our new Redbud tree we planted in our backyard this week.


I spent some time on Friday planting flowers in the garden where this tree resides.  I am still not done but progress is being made.  Maybe by this time next week, it will be done.

I will be linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch is so lovely and so great the colour matches! You are organised with your blocks done and dusted for the year! Ps love the fabric in the blocks in your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you were able to get matching floss. Your block is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO great that you found the right match!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you found the right match for your cross stitchery. The quilt block is so pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening stitching in the gazebo sounds just lovely! Your garden is looking nice too

    ReplyDelete