Thursday, December 6, 2018

Christmas Sewing


This hexagonal table topper is a Christmas gift for my MIL.  The pattern is called "Picnic" by Jaybird Quilts. My MIL has a small round table in her kitchen and this is the perfect size for it.  This topper looks a little more wintery than the flowery one she has there currently!  She loves to put the quilted gifts I have made for her out each season.  Her Christmas runner from a couple of years ago is currently on her dining room table.  (if you know my MIL, please do not spill the beans!)


I just finished hand stitching the binding tonight---this will count as my slow stitching for this weeks link up with Kathy's blog on Sunday morning.


What's not to like about snowmen and a striped binding???


We are getting lots of fluffy white stuff today...it looks so pretty on all of the branches of the trees and bushes.


Last Saturday was the sew in day with the London Friendship Quilter's Guild.  I worked on a new wall hanging for my hallway. I raided my grays, browns, and greens to cut out all of these triangles.  The pattern, Bountiful Boughs, is from Christmas Quilts and More by Better Homes and Gardens.


Here it is partly together...it took some effort to keep all of the triangles organized and sewn together in the right order.


By supper time, I had the top together.  It is in line to be quilted soon as I want to have it up by next weekend when we are having company.  I have some backing picked out...pin basting is up next!

I have not had any time to work on Frank this week but hope to do some stitching this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful. Love how the green really stands out against the grays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute tabletopper and that stripe binding really makes it sparkle. Love the grays and greens together for you wall hanging! You will be quite busy sewing those triangles together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky MIL! the table topper is great. Love your tree wall hanging, especially your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table-topper for your MIL is so pretty, and sounds like the perfect gift! I really like the striped binding. The tree made of triangles is such a neat design - have fun finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your Bountiful Boughs is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas present you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift for your MIL... love the striped binding!
    And your fabric tree is awesome! SO easy to decorate... you quilt it once and it's done!

    ReplyDelete