Friday, April 5, 2019

Hand Stitching Report

I have not blogged about my Frank Lloyd Wright cross stitch picture for the last couple of weeks but I have still been working on the metallic gold outlining.  The end is in sight...just a bit in the top section left to do. We took a car trip last weekend and I did quite a bit of stitching as my husband drove. 


Finn is staying with us for 5 weeks as my daughter is really busy at work right now. We are going for a couple of walks each day.  He keeps us on our toes...


Finn is also helping with my sewing projects...He approves of the whale fabric for the back of the baby quilt I made last week. You can see my quilt top in my next post. 


I have also been doing some hand appliqué stars for my Sarah Fielke Coming Home BOM.  I am just about finished the 2nd month's blocks and will soon be moving on to month 3, which has already been posted. Here are my stars...two are done and I am working on the third one.


Once again, Finn provided moral support while I stitched.


The magenta fabric will be cut into circles and then appliquéd onto some green fabric. I will post pictures when I finish month two.   There is more appliqué for month three as well. The block book I made for this project is coming in very handy.

I am still in the black as far as stash reduction goes for this year so far.

Fabric added in March 2019:   1.95 yards
Fabric added in 2019:  42.65 yards
Fabric out in March 2019:  15.65 yards 
Fabric out in 2019: 55.75 yards
Net fabric out in 2019:  13.1 yards

I will be linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers on Sunday morning. 

6 comments:

  1. I can see your progress on Frank. It is beautiful. Enjoy your time with Finn. I am hoping that my daughter brings her dog, Ruby, when she visits at Easter. I really like the background fabric on those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopped over to check out the BOM - it will be lovely. And FLW is coming right along. Finn looks like a plush toy LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross stitch is really coming along. Finn is a great help to your sewing I'm sure! Love your fabric choices by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see your update about stitching and Finn sitting!
    Can you show us sometime how you use the book you made for your Coming Home project? Would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Frank Lloyd Wright is coming along very nicely. Your applique stars look fabulous on the background fabric. They really pop, don't they. How sweet to have Finn as a co-conspirator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are coming right along and I'm happy for you that you have such an adorable supervisor & companion!

    ReplyDelete