Monday, October 21, 2019

Last 6 Blocks DONE!

I spent today at a sew-in, making the last 6 blocks for my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks quilt.


I used my black and white stash for this quilt along with three fat quarters of Tula Pink fabric which I purchased at QuiltCon in Nashville in February this year.  



A few blocks are just black and white, but most have a little bit of colour in them.




Some of these fabrics have been in my stash for quite a while.  I used up the last bits of some of the fabrics but still have lots left of others.  The black and white drawer in my fabric storage area should not be quite so full now. 


I had to be quite frugal with the colour in each of the last few blocks as I did not want to run out of choices before the blocks were done.  There are only a few small scraps of the fat quarters left now.  I'm not sure why I did not use more of the darker part of the blue fabric--maybe just not enough contrast with some of the black fabrics. 

Here is my pile of 100 blocks. 


The fabric for setting them has been purchased and I hope to get the top put together at an upcoming quilting retreat. This will be a queen sized quilt. 

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour! Congratulations on completing the blocks! I was inspired by your use of black/whites and now have 49 blocks done, about 10 more cut. Thank you for sharing about the Morgan hoops; got one and love it! Happy retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! That's a lot of blocks and should make a gorgeous quilt. Love the hints of color here & there. Great job!

    ReplyDelete