Monday, October 7, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching Retreat Day

Christine and I spent the day at Kathy's First (hopefully annual!) Slow Sunday Stitching Retreat in Guelph, Ontario yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and the trees were just starting to change to their glorious fall colours.



This sign greeted us at the retreat centre...a perfect reminder that the day was all about slowing down.



I brought two projects in my bag---my Frank Lloyd Wright counted cross stitch and my appliqué trees for Coming Home.  I spent most of the day working on the trees.but did add some more outlining to FLW as well.


My husband and I went away for a couple of days at the end of last week so I managed to get all the tree trunks appliquéd in the car on our way to the destination. 



Christine knitted a cowl and made some progress on a stocking for her daughter.



There were 28 people at the retreat with a wide variety of hand stitching and knitting projects underway.

Knitting:





Hand stitching the binding on a quilt:







Embroidery:









English Paper Piecing:





Appliqué:



I am looking forward to attending next year’s retreat!  I will link my post to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching link up this weekend.

9 comments:

  1. It was really nice to meet you and Christine. Ava got no less than 2 door prizes with yarn and a ball of yarn in her goodie bag, so last night she learned to roll a ball of yarn and cast on those first stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time and so productive for all. Retreats are Heaven on Earth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like fun. Maybe I'll go next year. It's in my town after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely venue for a gathering of Slow Sunday Stitchers. Without the normal household disruptions, a lot of hand work surely got down. Your photos are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of the retreat day. Nice that it was so well attended and looks like it was a real buzz with activity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had just so much fun!! What a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO FUN! Thanks for taking all these wonderful photos of the hands in action! It was fun to match the hands/projects to the women I know were there. of course I know which one is me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures of the retreat! Looks like great fun had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun time you all must have had!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete