Saturday, June 6, 2020

A Little Sewing and a Little Knitting!

Our daughter arrived earlier this week for a visit and to pick up Finn and take him home.  She was a bit worried that Finn would forget her since he was here for 11 weeks while she was busy at work.  I assured her that Finn would be very excited to see her, and he was!  I thought his tail was going to fall off, it was wagging so hard!   Here is a picture of the happy reunion. 


My daughter showed me a picture of a face covering and matching dog bandana she saw on the internet...she wanted a set for her and Finn.  Today, she searched through my stash to find just the right fabric and decided on this cute dog print.  Finn is very dapper in his new bandana. 


They will be quite the pair when out in public with their co-ordinating outfits!


Finn has already requested more bandanas...

My daughter finished her cross stitch feathers.  It is stitched on wood with laser cut holes in it. It has a metal loop on the back so she can hang it on the wall. The circle is 16" across.  This was a kit that was given to her for Christmas.



I finished up the dishcloth I started last week


and started another new project this week--this is a new pattern for a "spa facecloth".  It includes seed stitch and a four row repeating pattern. I consulted a friend about how to read all the short forms on the pattern and got started.  So far, so good. The first picture shows the seed stitch border.


I did two full repeats of the pattern and will keep knitting away on this tomorrow.


I belong to a sewing group at church and we have been busy over the last few weeks making face coverings for members of the congregation.  The orders have finally slowed down so today I made two aprons for the Sunday school children to wear when doing messy cooking or crafts.  It will be a while before the children will have a chance to wear the aprons.  Other members of the sewing group have also made aprons. 


I used a nifty tool which once belonged to my grandmother to turn the ties--very slick and fast!



Our garden continues to put on a good show with new blooms every day.  Our deutzia bush is covered in small white flowers right now


The clematis in the back yard is also in full bloom.


We have a couple of clumps of pinks--


as well as some perennial geraniums coming into bloom.


One of my favourite flowers is Columbine...I have several different varieties.



There seems to be a lot of pink and purple flowers in bloom at the moment!

 I hope all of you have a wonderful week and can get outside to enjoy some exercise and the flowers and trees where you live.   I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.

12 comments:

  1. As you have been dog minding Finn for the past 11 weeks, guess his going back with your daughter will leave a hole in your life? How neat that the pair if them have a matching mask and bandanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think my garden blooms in colour-turns. Right now it's the purple flowers turns to bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finn is looking quite bushy, but he is dapper in his new bandana. Your daughter's cross-stitch is beautiful. All those flowers are beautiful. You have quite a variety in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great idea for matching mask and bandana. My dil would love that. Guess I need to go searching on how to stitch a bandana for a dog. She has a black labradoodle Zoe who would look adorable in one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great your daughter has been reunited with her dog - I also think that is good for the congregation to have face masks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stitching on the feathers! Your garden is beautiful! Nice Finn has been reunited with your daughter, but you will probably miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bandana and matching face mask! And I'm sure your daughter is happy to see Finn again and have him home but I bet you miss him! Lovely flowers and your new knitting matches them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...a happy family reunion. Now it’s your turn to miss Finn. Dtr and Finn will be well coordinated on their walks. Too cute. My church services may meet outside soon. I like the new dishcloth pattern! More pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute dog in his bandana! I have serious envy at your set of turning tools - they are gorgeous. I always have a dishcloth on the go as it is my perfect car knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finn is so cute and fluffy. He looks lovely in his bandana.
    I really like the feather cross stitch - very pretty.
    Cute apron too - looks like you've had a busy week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous garden photos and your dishcloth turned out great again! Love your daughter's Xstitch on wood ... never heard of such. Will be scanning the internet to see if there's something there that might interest my own daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finn looks adorable in his new bandana!
    The cross stitch on wood piece is really cool... such an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete