Friday, September 18, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Red-Violet

This month's colour for the RSC is red.  I had already made my red block a couple of months ago so I decided to do a red-violet block to add to my collection. 


 As I make these blocks, I am always surprised how easy it is to come up with 25 different fabrics to make each block.  I guess I should not be surprised...I have been collecting fabric for years!

I also made a gray block this week.  A few of these fabrics are leftovers from the Christmas tree skirt I made a few years ago and some are from backings or borders of more recently made quilts. My favourite fabric in this block is the zipper fabric. 


Dark green also made an appearance this week. The flower print was leftover from a dress I made my daughter when she was little. 


Here is a picture of my first 9 blocks, not including the gray block. 


Including the gray block, I have 250 unique fabrics in this quilt so far. My scrap bins still runneth over!

13 comments:

  1. How good does that sound 250 unique fabrics! That's a whole lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they so lovely together! Can you tell me the name of that block please? It looks similar to Geese Migration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that block! A nice variation on the 16 patch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your RED-violet block sewn up this week! What is the pattern you are using for your Rainbow Scrap Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such great blocks! Love seeing them all together. I think our scrap bins will always runneth over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have used such a beautiful collection of scrap fabrics in here that it will become a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red violet is beautiful. Always fun to play with different versions of the same color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how grouping the colors make them so vibrant. That red violet is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do know, don’t you, that scraps replicate in the dark? It is nearly impossible to empty out Scrap bins. But given the cuteness of your scraps and blocks, I’d say that’s a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your red/violet! I don’t have much of that color. I do have an abundance of maroon or burgundy reds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty blocks! Will you be setting them in different directions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great block. Amazing variety witht in the color blocks, especially red violet which is a unusual color! fun piece.

    ReplyDelete