Saturday, September 19, 2020

Slow knitting and stitching.


 I now have 5 sets of 4 lupin blocks...I made one at 6:00 o'clock in the picture above this week.  This fabric has Celtic knots on it and was purchased in Inverness, Scotland when we were there last summer. I had picked out a different fat quarter to use for this week's blocks but when I went to cut it, I found that it was not big enough...I need at least 21" in length for the strips for these blocks.  Funny how fat quarters can vary so much in size. 

I did some knitting this week on the starfish baby washcloth...it's about 2/3 finished.  


My daughter continues to work on her Nashville cityscape in counted cross stitch. It is getting close to being done.  The patterns for her cityscapes are from Awesome Pattern Studio

My cross stitch bee is done except for the words above the bee and a small amount of outlining on the wings.  The words on the pattern are "Bee Well" but I am thinking of something different. 


My big accomplishment in the sewing department this week was to make and add the binding to my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks sampler quilt.  This is a huge quilt-- 100" square!  I have started the hand stitching and have one side done and have turned the corner to the second side.  I will be working on this for slow Sunday stitching with Kathy and the gang tomorrow. Maybe, I will have it done by next weekend. 



I did some weeding in my garden beside the front porch earlier this week and a couple of days later, broke out in a rash with itchy blisters...poison ivy.  I noticed that one on the weeds I was putting into the compost bag had the telltale three leaves...I went inside to wash my hands right away but it was too late. Calamine lotion is my best friend right now.  

The fall colours are just starting to show in our neighbourhood this week.  We had frost on the ground this morning so more are sure to follow. 


Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Such lovely projects. The bee is super cute.
    I love it when the leaves start to change colour. We are not quite there yet, but I think it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bee. Your daughter's stitching is really progressing. I like the pretty purple fabric in your lupin blocks. So sorry about the poison ivy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lupin blocks are such pretty colours and the Tula Pink Sampler quilt is going to look fabulous. Frost on the ground.....yikes, the weather is beginning to change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty lupin block and oh no on the poison ivy! Those cross stitches are amazing - both the city scape and the bee. Thanks for the photo of the turning leaves.... I really miss seeing those living in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about the rash - hubby tends to get that, I don't know if I am just lucky or what but I have never gotten poison ivy rash. the stitches is lovely. And your knitting is always so nice to see - your quilting projects are so nice too

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely array of projects...thank you for sharing each one. I love to have a look at what you are stitching.How wonderful to have your Tula modern quilt at the binding stage. Enjoy the final stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on navigating the new blogger system.
    You have totally got me hooked on knitting cloths and I'm loving it... it might become an addiction!
    Love the backing on your sampler quilt... enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That rash sounds painful! Love your latest addition to your lupin collection and it's very exciting to be almost completed on such a large project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always great to see your projects. I love the starfish washcloth. Thanks for showing us the fall leaves, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Beautiful quilt...love the colors.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete