Saturday, November 28, 2020

Binding and More Binding!

I took two comfort quilts to Julie, the long arm quilter around the corner and fellow Elgin Piecemaker member last week, expecting that they would not be done for a couple of weeks. I had just started to figure out which UFO I was going to tackle next, when I received a text from Julie to say that both quilts were done and ready for binding!  I picked them up the next day and got to work making the binding and machine sewing it to the quilts.  


 My hand sewing this week involved getting both quilts finished and ready to donate. 

By Friday afternoon, I had both of them done and they have now been delivered to Jacqui who takes care of getting them to the hospital for the adult chemo patients.  


This next picture shows the quilting and the backing. 


The word fabric quilt was quilted with a different pantograph. 


It's fun to read all of the words on the different fabrics in this quilt.  


On the knitting front, I finished off the squirrel facecloth, and started another textured facecloth this week. 


I've only done 5 rows of the next project so it doesn't look like much yet.  The colours are pretty. 


We started our Christmas decorating this week and I have my Christmas tree quilt up on the wall. I will continue to put more things out this week. We will decorate our tree next weekend. 


The bee blackwork project my daughter is working on is nearing completion.  She finished off a few more hexagons and another bee this week. Four more hexagons to go!


I took my blackwork project and a Frank Lloyd Wright cross stitch picture in to be framed this week.  Since they are not Christmas gifts, there is not a huge rush to get them done.  The framer will work on them when she is finished others that need to be done before Christmas. 


Finn is so helpful when my daughter is doing her work from home. 

My sewing machine is back from being serviced/repaired so I hope to get to some machine quilting with my walking foot this coming week, which will lead to more binding!   I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

16 comments:

  1. Those are very nice donation quilts, so nice they were finished before you started another project. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The donation quilts are beautiful. The quilting looks fabulous. I would love to sit and read all those words. The little squirrel is sweet. 'Tis the time to start decorating for Christmas; love your little tree quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely charity quilts. They will be a great comfort to someone going through chemo. Your squirrel is very cute as is Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful & thoughtful donation quilts. Have been enjoying the blackwork progress of both projects. What a cuddler that Finn is! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those donation quilts are quite pretty. I can see the word quilt being a helpful distraction to a chemo patient. The squirrel washcloth is so cute. Your daughter's blackwork gets prettier with each update. I love how Finn helps her work. Enjoy your Christmas decorating. We will be starting the outside decorating today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts! Love that Christmas tree wall hanging. Finn sure is a great helper =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very productive this week (and Julie too). Great job on that squirrel. It's so cute. LOVE the words in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure those quilts will bring some comfort to those patients! You didn't waste any time getting them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the words quilts. They are both lovely and will be much appreciated. That blackwork piece is one of the nicer sampler layouts I've seen. And Finn is as cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute squirel facecloth and beautiful yarn for the next project you have begun knniting. Love your tree panel, so clean and representative. Congratulations for the finishing, I can see all the love you put in these confort quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful scrap quilts! someone will love them. so many projects sometimes you must have a hard time deciding what to work on next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great donation quilts you just finished and quick service on the quilting! The squirrel cloth is darling... I might be addicted to these knitted pictures!?! The Santa cloth I'm starting has this same edge stitching... is it called seed stitch? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hexagon black work is lovely....all those different stitches!! I love making donation quilts...quick, simple patterns that are so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finishes! Love that squirrel cloth. I'm looking forward to making some of those great clothes one of these days when things quieten down! Happy stitching and knitting, and quilting~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very busy in your stitching world. I need to get binding made and a charity quilt quilted too. Enjoy your time with needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those donation quilts are so pretty - someone will get a lot of comfort from them! Love your tree quilt, too! That reminds me to get mine out.

    ReplyDelete