Friday, January 22, 2021

Found my Sew-Jo!

 I have had a productive week in the sewing room!  I think those scrappy colour blocks that I was making last week got me going again and this week I was on a roll.  First, I quilted and bound my January Colour Blocks quilt.  I considered a cross hatch but ended up with diagonal lines of quilting using light gray thread. 


Green solid fabric was used for the binding. 


I will add a label shortly.  

I made a pink block for my Rainbow Scrap Quilt for this year. 


I noticed after it was on the design wall that I made a slight oops, so I took it apart and fixed it.  Looks better now. 


 Next up, I made a couple of Comfort Quilt blocks for the Elgin Piecemakers Guild.  The first one is called the Maple Leaf Star--we were each given the background fabric and told to use different shades of purple in our blocks.  I used a piece of purple ombré fabric for the star. This is the March block. 


For February, we were asked to make a blue block with white tree(s).  


January's block features gray, blue, yellow and white fabrics. I received the rulers to make this block for Christmas and had fun trying them out.  A non-quilty friend thinks this one looks like PacMan. 


I am trying to get caught up on my Modern BOM as well this week.  This block has 126 pieces and is called Pixels.  This is the block for January and I am in the process of making the block for Febuary. I will show it next week.  It looks a bit wonky in this picture but it is square!


The blue flower at the bottom of the wreath in my Love Birds counted cross stitch picture is done (except for a few stitches at the left side) and I am working my way up the right side to go around the wreath counter clockwise.  I will finish off the light and dark green leaves next and move on to the next flower this week. 


My daughter has been doing a bit of embroidery most evenings. She started a new picture this week.  I sent her some ecru floss I found in my thread box so she should be able to finish the flower picture shown in last week's post this week. 


Her counted cross stitch city is also progressing...someone guessed that it is Dubai last week, but that's not correct.  Apparently, it is a European city. 


Finn keeps a close eye on her while she stitches. 


I will link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge folks on Saturday and the Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday morning.  

24 comments:

  1. That purple Ombre fabric is so lovely. What a great finish on your rainbow squares! You are making great progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you finished off the January color blocks. Gives me ideas for my 16 patches. Great blocks and always love to see Finn is keeping tabs on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the colour block quilt...looks great!
    You accomplished so much this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Maple Leaf Star block and imagine a quilt made with lots of different ones will be gorgeous. And that 4-patch block is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much quilty goodness in this post!! I love everything. I was a little stunned by how many pieces are in that one block, but your choices of fabric colors and patterns also make it an amazing block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt made of the January color blocks is just great! I enjoyed seeing the other blocks you're working on, too. Some of them look complicated! You've really added on to the Love Birds cross-stitch. Your daughter's embroidery is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! So much going on in your sewing room! Funny, I didn't even notice the twisted square in your PINK block. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You worked on a lot of great projects this week. Way to go on being super productive. I love your RSC finished quilt. The green binding really sings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. January is a great month to get sewing for sure especially this year. I've been making good progress on my UFO list! Three quilts at the quilter's and soon I can scratch another three projects :-). Good thing you noticed the oops before it was quilted LOL. Good work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been productive and your blocks look fresh and modern. Great start for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun way to make comfort quilts as a group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your blocks are great, but the blue with white trees really stands out. Congratulations on the finish! It looks great. As for the embroidered city, is that Lisbon? That's my guess!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work! I love your rainbow scrap blocks, and that maple star would make a good RSC block, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Maple Leaf Star. It is so bold and pretty. You've been very busy with your quilt blocks! Your cross-stitch is progressing quickly too. I like what your daughter is working on also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow so much to see and it's all lovely. I love your daughters cross stitch too it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your finish. it is beatiful! Love the way you quilted it. On the embroidery department you and your daughter are stitching beautiffly. I am courious to know what city she is cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of pretty in your post! I love the blue bird!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a very cute stitch watcher!! Finn is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been busy. Nice finish and the quilting suits it. I really can't tell where that city cross stitch is! Finn looks adorable gazing lovingly at your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finish, and great projects you are working on! Your stitching and your daughter's are lovely as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great finish to your rainbow scrap quilt. Many beautiful blocks and also the embroideries were very nice. Your daughter's embroidery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to admit it took me a while to see your little "oops". =) I don't suppose I would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out to me. Oh my, your January Colour Blocks Quilt is gorgeous! Love the diagonal quilting and love the photo of you showing us your amazing quilt. The thing I love about visiting your lovely place is always being delighted by the variety and beautiful stitching you, and your daughter, imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such fabulous progress on so many projects!!! I don't think I would've attempted that 100+-piece block but I sure do like that tree block. I'd like to see it with all the other blocks that come in. I don't believe that Finn could get any sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely projects moving along including the cross stitching. Interesting blocks too. Also nice to see lovely you! And Finn also photographs well!

    ReplyDelete