Monday, April 4, 2022

Camp Kintail Crafter's Retreat Report

My friend Christine and I attended the Spring Crafter's Retreat at Camp Kintail this past weekend.  Since last week was extremely busy, I did not have anything to blog about before I left on Friday, but now, I have lots to share! We drove through some snow squalls on the way to the camp on Friday but the roads were fine.  We managed to get some walking in while we were there, in between meals and sewing.  I always get lots done at a retreat--no meals to prepare, no dishes to do...just sew, sew and sew!


 I started out with a couple of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for April--the colour for this month is pink. 



Of course, we brought our own quilts for the beds in our room.  Christine's Roll Roll Cotton Boll:


My Friendship star quilt, made by some quilting friends for me when my Dad died 4 years ago. 


After breakfast on Saturday, I pulled out my big project for the weekend.  In 2019, I participated in the Coming Home medallion quilt along  online class with Sarah Fielke in Australia.  I managed to keep up for the first 6 months and then life got in the way. I got back at it a year later and made the large house border, and then put it away again.  I decided to bring this quilt along for the weekend to see if I could gain some momentum to get it closer to the finish line. I spent Saturday and Sunday cutting out, glue basting and hand appliquéing doors and windows on the houses.  I finished 2 1/2  "Streets" and now I'm motivated to keep working on this project. Here are some pictures:











I have the next 4 houses glue basted and ready to sew. I hope to work on them later today. Christine made a cloth book for her grand-daughter (I didn't get a picture) and made blocks for a new quilt.  I love the bright and cheerful fabrics she chose to use. She started another project as well.  Both of us are trying to use our stashes rather than purchase more fabrics (except for backings and backgrounds).  


We woke up on Sunday morning to snow falling.  Everything was white. By lunch time, it had melted, thankfully.  The roads were fine for the trip home. 











What a fun and productive weekend!!!  I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge folks this weekend. 

Finn is 4 years old today!  Our daughter bought him two honky pigs for his birthday...He is having lots of fun playing with them!  Happy Birthday, Finn!



13 comments:

  1. Love your houses row, Gail. Sounds like you had a lot of fun during the retreat. Happy Birthday to Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun & productive weekend. It’s awesome when one can sew without concerns of meal preparation and other distractions. Your retreat was in a beautiful setting. Happy b’day to Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Gail! Love the quilty pictures and the snowy ones as well. I love retreats too. Such a wonderful time to focus on whatever you want!! Going with a friend makes it THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting SEW much done on quilt retreat!! You were smart to start off with your RSC blocks. A little PINK scrappy fun and you were on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The houses are absolutely delightful. Your retreat looked fun and very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds an excellent retreat & such a beautiful venue. So glad you pulled out that old project because it's so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your retreat sounds fun and what a beautiful spot for it, too! I love that medallion quilt you're working on. The Drunkard's Path blocks are so neat with crumb pieces. Happy Birthday, Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time at the retreat, and it's great to take your own quilts along to sleep under. Those beds dont look terribly comfortable though. You did very well working on those house rows. Happy Birthday to Finn, he looks very pleased with his new toys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun retreat you had! Love the houses you were working on... and your quilt on your bed! Happy Birthday to Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Happy Birthday to Finn! I love that you and your friend took your own beautiful quilts to cover your beds for the weekend. The countryside looks so pretty. The Coming Home quilt is a beauty. So many quirky and adorable houses in each row.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like I was wrong and this is the correct post. I love all the photos. Happy Birthday to Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like so much fun! The quilts on your beds look fabulous! And Mr Finn is having fun with his new little friends too! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like it was a great retreat, and you got so much done! Finn looks like he is enjoying his new toys! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete