Saturday, March 26, 2022

My Helper

I made a few more batik blocks this week for my Quilt for a Residential School Survivor.  I only have two more blocks to make.  I am contemplating ideas...  Finn likes to "help" while I am sewing, or should I say, trying to sew... 


I am going to make 12 blocks for this quilt--3 of each type.  Here are my three log cabin variation blocks.  I made the bottom one today and the one on the right with the green border earlier in the week. 


I added the orange churn dash block to the collection today.  I just have one star block and one pinwheel block to make and then I can put them together.  I will likely use a solid for sashing and borders. 


I finished knitting my hat this week, after borrowing some double pointed needles from my friend.  I'm working on the pompom. I like the way the top of the hat looks!



I managed to quilt 1/4 of the checkerboard quilt.  I brought it up to the kitchen to get a picture of the quilting so far and my helper arrived to pose for a picture. This quilt is about as big as I will quilt with my walking foot.  Anything bigger can go to a long armer. 



This coming week is looking really busy but I hope to get some time to do some more quilting...maybe even to finish it by next weekend. 

I belong to the book club at our local library. We will be discussing "The Dictionary of Lost Words" by Pip Williams in early April.  Finn is a very good leg warmer while I read, or try to read!  I highly recommend this historical fiction book if you are looking for something good to read.  


For my slow stitching this week, I have dug out my embroidery that I started a while ago and never finished.  I should have some time here and there this week to add some more stitches to this project.  


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. I can't believe it will be time to change the calendar to April at the end of this week.  If I could just convince the warmer weather to come and stay...it snowed today.  As far as I am concerned, SNOW is a bad four letter word this time of year!

13 comments:

  1. I really like your hat, would you share the pattern and also the wool that you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow we are not supposed to get above freezing her. Ugh! I love all of those blocks. I don't think I could ever stitch them, because the wonkiness disturbs me a little. Finn seems to be quite a good helper in many areas. He is so darn cute. I have added that book to my list to read. It sounds interesting. Enjoy all of you stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finn sure is a good companion. Your hat looks to be so soft and cozy. Looking forward to seeing the batik quilt finished. You are doing a great walking foot quilting on the checkerboard quilt.
    Have fun stitching those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much eye candy! Finn is adorable. I love when puppies come for a cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that snuggle bug Mr Finn is such a love!
    Your hat looks fabulous, especially the top how it radiates out and folds over... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hat, and Finn is adorable as always. I always love your headers! We were in the 80's last week, and maybe in the 70's this week with a dash of much needed rain. I was getting overheated last week working in the heat. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hat looks wonderful and so does the quilting on the checkerboard quilt! I just finished that same book last week and loved it! It was such an interesting topic and storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your color combinations are teaching me how to play with my own batik collection. I find it hard to combine, but you taught me some great combinations! Yes, the top of your hat is so cute! And your quilting is lovely! I’ve only hand quilted a couple of small projects, but hope to quilt more. Oh yes, The Dictionary of Lost Words is on my TBR.
    Your Finn is such a loving companion!
    That’s a beautiful embroidery project. Some years back I joined a #astitchaday to an embroidery project. Pretty soon, it was finished!
    Hoping your weather warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute helper. Nice quilt blocks. The hat looks lovely! :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Finn is a great companion, no matter what you are doing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. SNOW is always a bad four letter word in my books. =) Nice though you have Finn to keep your legs warm. Those fabrics in the checker board quilt are fabulous. Love the colours in the yarn for your hat. A pompom will be the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your black and grey che keyboard quilt looks stunning with that cerise colour between the blocks. I always like to see Finn interact with you, he's rather like a big cuddly teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finn is such a good helper. what a sweet face he has.
    Your batik blocks look great.
    Your hat turned out great and your quilting looks great

    ReplyDelete