Friday, March 4, 2022

Yellow RSC Blocks and Knitting a Hat for Me!

The start of a new month means that there is a new colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge...For March, I am using my yellow/gold scraps to create blocks for my three projects.  I had to go digging for some extra yellow selvages but found enough to create two foundation pieced squares which I cut in half to create 4 triangles.  There are not enough gold coloured selvages in my extensive collection to create gold selvage blocks. 


 

I did, however, have enough gold and yellow squares to create two 36 patch blocks. 


Last, but not least, I made my scrappy drunkard's path blocks--again, only in yellow. I don't have enough gold scraps to make one in that colour. 


These yellow and gold blocks are safely tucked away with the blocks for January and February.  

My stash report for February:
Fabric added to the stash:  2 yards
Fabric used in February: 6.6 yards
Net Fabric used in February: 4.6 yards
Fabric used in 2022: 14.2 yards

I started knitting my new hat last night during a zoom meeting.  I find if I keep my hands busy, I am able to pay better attention to what is going on.  My winter jacket is turquoise so this hat will co-ordinate nicely!



When out for a walk this week, I noticed that someone has made some crocheted sunflowers to remind us all to pray for Ukraine.  There were several of these hanging from the trees along the path where I usually walk. 


I have banished all of my winter decorations to a bin in the basement and hope that by adding a few spring  items here and there, the warmer weather will be encouraged to arrive sooner rather than later. 


My husband and I did something very unusual last Sunday afternoon...We went to a Quilt Show!  A Presbyterian Church hosted the show as a fundraiser for Camp Kintail, a church camp that hosts hundreds of children every summer and retreats for adults and families throughout the year.  The quilts were all displayed in the sanctuary, over the pews and wherever they could find a spot.  Here are a few pictures.  






I can't have a blogpost without a Finn appearance now, can I??? He's just waiting for my daughter to give him a belly rub. Who could resist?


I will link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge folks on Saturday and Kathy's Slow Stitching gang on Sunday. 

18 comments:

  1. The quilts are so pretty with the stained glass windows! Wow, a real quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures from the quilt show.
    Those crochet sun flowers are very touching.
    You made beautiful yellow blocks, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen photos of quilt shows in churches and they always look so pretty to see - this one looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think any of us could walk by that sweet Finn without giving him a belly rub! Your variety of blocks in yellows is so fun to see. Love what you're doing with the selvages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see so many quilts draped over every surface! I even spotted two of yours? Yellow is such a happy colour, makes me think of warm spring days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely sight, beautiful quilts displayed in a beautiful church. You have lots to show for your yellow stitching, all projects looking great. And "Hello, Finn"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cheery yellow blocks! I love the sunflowers, too. Looking forward to quilt shows returning to this area, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your yellow blocks. I gotta catch up over the next few days! Love seeing Finn...such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn’t it great to sew with sunny happy yellow! Selvages, squares and crumbs, oh my! So pretty! Give Finn a belly rub when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear your were able to go to a quilt show. I've got my bus ticket for the quilt show in Paducah KY next month and am so looking forward to it. Love the sunflowers along your walk. If I had a pattern I'd think about doing something on that order too. Might have to take a browse in Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yellow is a great color for spring sewing. Cute bird’s nest. The church quilt shows are breathtaking especially in a setting with natural light coming through the windows. Thanks for sharing photos. Giving Finn a belly rub would be irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really get right to making your RSC blocks. We are not even a week into March and you have them completed. It was amazing seeing all those quilts displayed over the pews. They are gorgeous! I like your hat yarn. I think I need to bring some Spring into my own home soon. The cold, gloomy weather is getting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog post just made me smile from beginning to end! Love the sunshiny yellow selvages and blocks! And that Mr. Finn is such a character and brings joy to all your blog readers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing the cheery yellow blocks and Finn always brings a smile to my face! He is so adorable. What a great way to have a quilt show and raise funds for a worthy cause! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to see the sunflowers hanging from the tree. I love how the world has surrounded the Ukraine people with support, prayer and kindness. As for all those gorgeous quilts in the church, with the stained glass windows in the background; just beautiful. More happy blocks to add to your projects. Yellow...perfect for springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What pretty yarn in your beautiful yarn bowl and I'm loving your cheerful YELLOW blocks for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been so busy . Such cute cherry blocks. Fabulous quilts at the quilt show. Have a very lovely week. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the church looks lovely festooned as it were with all those beautiful quilts. Your blocks in yellows are lovely and I'm also happy to see what's on your needles. Happy Stitching. Pouring down rain here now so may help get rid of some of our snow, yay.

    ReplyDelete