Saturday, August 13, 2022

Hooking, Knitting and Piecing

Life is busy in my neck of the woods.  This is not going to change any time soon so I will just share my little bits of progress each week as usual.  I worked on my sheep rug hooking project earlier this week. The green grass is just about done now.  Next, I will finish that last bit of green on the right side of the picture before working on the blue sky and the yellow sun. 


I was in the mood to do some knitting earlier today.  I dug out some yarn, needles and a pattern for a lattice patterned dishcloth and got started on it while waiting for my husband who was in a short meeting. I had a pleasant place to sit and knit in the shade of a large tree beside a barn quilt. 


I made more progress in the car on the way home. I like it when the pattern starts to emerge and I can see that I have not made any drastic errors!


The purple and green wedding quilt has more blocks on the design wall --these rows are not sewn together yet...I might get this top done this coming week. Then, on to the pieced back--there is already a plan for this and it might take longer than the front of the quilt! The pattern for the front of the quilt is called "Lopapeysa" by Gudrun Erla.  She designed it based on an Icelandic sweater pattern. 


Finn had a nap with his Kong this week.  He loves it when my daughter puts peanut butter in his Kong, which makes brushing Finn a more tolerable activity for both of them. 


I came across this lovely little sunflower today.  It was only a couple of feet tall but so pretty!


I will link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.  Thanks to everyone who continues to visit my blog and leave comments.  I continue to have difficulty leaving comments on many blogger blogs--not sure why I can comment on some but not on others.  I do look at all the blogs that link up with Kathy each week.   Take care and have a good week. 

12 comments:

  1. Your sheep rug is looking cuter and cuter! As is Finn of course, I always enjoy seeing him and his antics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do your sheep! And that looks a nice spot to knit and wait for your husband. Sunflowers are happy flowers aren't they. We took Amber to a sunflower farm yesterday, so hot but we enjoyed ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice place for knitting while waiting for your husband.Sheep rug is comming along beautifully. And the purple weeding quilt blocks are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem - blogs I always left comments on I no longer can - there seems to be no way to fill out the areas you need to fill out and have it go through - you have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute sheep hooking project! Nice detail on the flowers! What a lovely location to stitch! Great idea to use peanut butter while brushing Finn! I’ll have to try that on our poodle! Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sheep picture is adorable. I love the camp chair you have with the little side table. I like the pattern of that dishcloth. I am amazed at how quickly you are working on the wedding quilt. Finn looks quite content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sheep project is so cute! Looks like a lovely spot to knit, too. I'm sorry you're having trouble commenting - I know mine is one of them, and wish I knew how to fix it. Thank you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sheep project. Finn is his usual adorable self. Looks like a great place to sit and knit. I am sorry you continue to have trouble commenting, I don't have any solutions though. From my end I think you are coming across as anonymous and I can't comment back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Your Rug is really cute...I have a similar spot on my front
    porch....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sheep hooking piece is looking great, and love the pattern and color of the knitted cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving your wool sheep. It looks very good and even loops. What a serene setting for knitting. Of course you didn't make any drastic errors. Life was peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe you sheep is so sweet. I saw an amazing display of hooked wool rugs years ago at the Shelburne museum. That does look like a great place to sit and knit!

    ReplyDelete