Saturday, September 17, 2022

Whistle Stop Top!

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have not been very productive in my sewing room recently. My husband and I are involved in a couple of large projects at the moment that are consuming all of our time and energy. The deadline to finish is looming, so after that, I hope to be able to spend some one on one time with my sewing machine and my knitting needles!

I did manage to finish off the Whistle Stop quilt flimsy this week--The edges of the centre section were all on the bias so I stay stitched 1/8" from the edge to stabilize it before adding the borders.  I measured the borders by laying them out across the centre of the quilt on the floor and then pinned a lot so that the quilt would be square without wavy borders.  My strategy worked!  I will be quilting this one myself, eventually!




My light blue Drunkard's Path block is done! I have lots of blocks made but hope to add a few more colours before the end of the year when I will put this top together. 


These two strips don't look like much but they are the next step in the quilt I am making for a young couple that got married in June.  These days, every little bit of sewing counts, right?


I did not even pick up my knitting this past week but hope to make some more progress on my blue cloth this coming week for Slow Sunday Stitching. 

I go walking every morning at 8:30 am with a friend... This week, the fall colours were starting to show. This was our first foggy walk of the season. 


On Friday, my husband and I walked for 30 minutes on this trail. There were quite a few people out riding their bikes. It was a beautiful day. 


When my daughter was little, her favourite vegetable was green beans.  It is also one of Finn's favourites, although, with Finn, any food will do!


I will link up with Kathy and the slow stitchers in the morning and the RSC folks now. I remain hopeful that there will be more to show next weekend!

12 comments:

  1. that trail that you show walking with your husband is just plain beautiful. Sometimes home projects just interfere with every day life don't they I know that happens here too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good dog Finn is, eating his green veggies and liking them too! Your Whistle Stop block is really pretty. Hopefully the project you & hubby are working on is nearing an end and you can then spend "special time" with your machine & needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Whistle Stop quilt. Despite your large project with your husband, you did get a decent amount of sewing done. I love the photo of your walking trail and the one of Finn too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whistle Stop quilt is beautiful and you did managed well all those bias. Love the way you are using crumbs and doing beautiful Drunkard's Path block for RSC. Beautiful spots for walking. My dogs and cat love brocolis. Our pets are smart, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whistle Stop is beautiful and what a pretty picture that trail is. Looks very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you were very productive to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scenery for both walks is so pretty, no wonder you go out walking so much. Both your quilts are beautiful. It will be fun for you when you can finally sit down for some quality time with both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Whistle Stop colors, and the blues in the Drunkard's path blocks. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Whistle Stop top is so cool. It looks like it's floating on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors in your whistle stop top are wonderful.
    fall colors are coming our way too.
    Hope you can get back to your creative pursuits soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the pattern you have created with whistle stop. Your early morning walks sound nice. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete