Saturday, October 22, 2022

Spinning Four Patch Top

The sewing group at the church got together this week to work on items for our bazaar in November. I have one more baby quilt to finish before the bazaar so I added the sashing to each block.  When I got home, I sewed the blocks together. I have a piece of pale green minke which was donated to our group for the back of the quilt.  These spinning 4 patch blocks were cut from a piece of Kaffe Fassett fabric.  I love the patterns in each block--so different even though they all came from the same fabric. 


My husband and I finished our Quilts of Gees Bend puzzle yesterday.  This was a fun one to put together and was full of quilty inspiration.  Don't worry, we still have 3 or 4 puzzles in the cupboard that we have not made yet.  Our daughter also loaned one to us and took a couple of ours back to her place to work on there.  

I started to quilt my shweshwe quilt this week.  I am using my walking foot and figuring out how to quilt it as I go.  Here is a sneak peek at a couple of areas of the quilting. 



The knitted dish cloth is finally done!  I have a knitting UFO that I hope to finish off next.  I will post a picture next week. 


I took this picture of Finn while we were talking to him on FaceTime this past week.  He cocks his head when we talk to him!  So cute.  


Finn and our daughter went for a few walks when it was not raining this past week.  I think our daughter co-ordinates well with Finn!



Still lots of glorious fall colour here. My porch planter has a bright yellow mum in it this year. 


This was taken at the park where my friend and I walk each morning. 


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning. 

10 comments:

  1. The spinning 4 patch blocks are so cool, Gail. OWO Love the park picture, autumn in all it splendor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those borders show off the kaffe fabric so well. It’s a fun pattern! I love that blue and white fabric too. Lola does that too if we are Skyping the family, it is funny. Beautiful autumn colour. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spinning blocks are fascinating. I would have never thought they came from the same fabric! Finn has some magnificent mustaches in his face-time photo LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that fall scene is amazing - I haven't been out to the parks to enjoy the change of color yet - that won't happen here so pretty for another couple weeks at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby quilt is gorgeous! I love the spinning center squares. I like how you are quilting the shweshwe quilt. Your knitted discloth is so pretty. Finn fits right in with all the pretty fall colors. I really have to get a puzzle out to work on. I have many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby quilt is lovely. I love that fabric. Great finish on the dishcloth. Finn is so photogenic, I love to see his various moods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those spinning 4 patches fun?! I would never have said they were all from the same piece of fabric. Finn really is just about the cutest dog, and so photogenic! Enjoy your stitching today, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern of the dish cloth and that blue. The Spinning 4 patches are pretty and see the photo of those trees and leaves made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't the spinning blocks so interesting in that fabric. Non quilters would not know the pieces were cut from the same fabric. Love those glorious golden trees which line your walking path, Autumn is definitely there in your part of the world. Best wishes with your church bazaar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spinning four patch looks like a fun project and the Kaffe fabrics are perfect.

    ReplyDelete