Saturday, December 10, 2022

Wedding Gift Finished!

I have been working on two wedding gifts for couples who are already married.  The first couple got married in June and were told that they would receive their quilt by the end of the year.  This week, I finally finished their quilt!  I sewed straight lines about an inch apart across the quilt with my walking foot.  Would you believe that this took three bobbins of thread to complete???  I like the texture that the quilting added. 


I used some leftover purple fabric for the binding and hand sewed it down a couple of days this week as I watched Christmas movies on TV. 






My husband and I started our Christmas decorating today and hope to do the rest of it tomorrow.  We had to move some furniture around to make space for the tree.  My friend, Christine, made us this gnome wall hanging for Christmas a few years ago.  It's hanging in our front hall.  (I made the pillow)

Finn is happy as long as my daughter is close by.  He keeps one paw on her at all times, just to make sure she doesn't move.  This strategy doesn't always work...


Our church Christmas Pageant is tomorrow and I was asked a couple of weeks ago to make a couple of curtains for the "TV" at the front of the church where a reporter will be telling the Christmas story.  One curtain is plain black and the other is white with the words "Breaking News" on it. I used yardage from my stash for the curtains and hand sewed (with very large stitches!) some felt letters that I cut out onto the background.  This way, I can easily remove the letters and put the fabric back in my stash.  




I helped to install the curtains this morning before the dress rehearsal.  The top of the curtain is attached to rings with clips on them so the curtain will slide easily to change it from the white one to the black one.   


 We are looking forward to seeing the pageant tomorrow!  

Of course, there has been other hand stitching this week on my secret projects...   I will link up with Kathy in the morning. 

14 comments:

  1. Your wedding gift is fabulous. I think they will treasure it. Nice colour combination too. Finn definitely loves your daughter! Hope you enjoy the pageant today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than Christmas pageants and kid's plays. The actors are so sweet and random LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wedding quilt is beautiful. Finn is such a cuddly pup. Enjoy the Christmas pageant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the wedding quilt looks great - straight stitching is some times the best and easiest to do. I love that wooden bench

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wedding quilt - I know that is a finish that feels good! Love your gnome quilt, too. I made just one of those gnomes for myself a few weeks ago - they are so cute! Enjoy the Christmas pageant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing a wedding quilt! That is such a great backing! Very interesting stitching task for the pageant! Hope it goes well! I love the look of the pipes in that photo. And of course so nice to see sweet Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One wedding quilt done, one to go. Great way to "make it their quilt" with the names & date on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! What a lovely finish. I like the idea of putting their names and date in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing the wedding gift. The quilt is gorgeous. Your gnome quilt is adorable as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the purple on the quilt. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your retreat news. Love the photos of both of you. Enjoyed seeing drunkards path and that improvised herringbone...both wonderful blocks. And a big congrats on getting the wedding quilt done. They will be treasured I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great wedding quilt! I'm sure they will treasure it. You did an amazing job on the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. also super sweet and charming gnome quilt and tree pillow! how cheerful and welcoming

    ReplyDelete