Saturday, May 13, 2023

Oxford Guild Quilt Show


I attended our guild quilt show on Friday and Saturday this week--our first show since before COVID.  I entered 9 quilts in the show and took pictures of them in the venue. There were several of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects including "All the Colours" based on a pattern by Gudrun Erla called Haldora. 


"Scrappy 36 Patch"


"Scrappy Drunkard's Path" and "In Formation"


I put one bed sized quilt in the show--"Memories of Iceland"--the pattern is by Gudrun Erla and is called "Lupine". 


"30's Plus Sign Baby Quilt"



"Scraps on Point" 
( I was very happy that this hung straight with no wavy edges--the edges are all on the bias!) 


"Let it Snow"
Pattern by Modern Handcraft called "Modern Snowflake"


"Summerhill in Solids"
Pattern is by Mary Elizabeth Kinch


This quilt by Gwen T. was one of my favourites.  The background squares are denim. 


Megan H. had this wonderful modern basket quilt in the show. 


Lois W. entered this fun quilt into the "Star Challenge".




My daughter and I have both been adding stitches to our counted cross stitch pictures.  The black stitches on the outside of the sunflower will eventually become bees. I still have a few more stitches to add to the lower petal --I lost the skein of thread and need to find it!


Ottawa Cityscape


My Friend, Christine, gave this to me for my Birthday.  It is so cute and I have it out on display in our Living room. 


The garden is blooming...I'm not sure what these flowers are--they came from my MIL's garden. 


More daffodils in bloom.  I love this soft yellow colour. 


Hosta leaves unfurling. 


Fothergilla bush in bloom. 





Coral Bells--no flowers yet but the leaves are pretty. 



 Finn is now back home with our daughter but he did enjoy a final romp around our yard before he left. Of course, he brought a dirty sock out to the yard with him...


I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers in the morning.  Happy Mother's Day!!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, and congratulations for the show, your entered such a lot of pretty quilts. Cute embroidered gift too, I love this little knitting hedgehog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely quilty inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing your quilt entries as well as a few others. Your cross-stitching is looking great. Did Finn steal your floss? I like your daughter's stitching also. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are beautiful, Gail. You and your daughter made great progress on the cross stitching front. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely quilts. Of course, yours are special! I would have a hard time picking a favorite. Lupine is pretty in purple, just like the real lupines that should be appearing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts, and I love yours especially. Love the Lupine. Your daughter's and your cross stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are all so beautiful, Gail! I bet it was fun to see them hanging in the show. Lots of quilty inspiration there, too! Pretty blooms in your yard. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous collection of quilts you put into the show! Great progress of both of the cross stitches. I just love the colours in the sunflower. And your birthday knitting hedgehog from Christine is super cute! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to see your own quilts hanging in a show. I remember you making the Lupin quilt, and I'm very impressed with your curvy cross hatch quilting on All the Colours. Happy Mothers Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a gorgeous body of work you have for all to see at the quilt show, Gail. Amazing quilts....all of them. Lupine, I think, is my favourite, though Summerhill In Solids says "what about me??". =) Love your colour choices in 'Summerhill'. Sweet little birthday gift from your friend, and both cross stitches that you and your daughter are working on are looking lovely. Have a lovely Mother's Day, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilts looked fabulous hanging in the show. I was surprised to not see any ribbons hanging from them. They were so beautiful! Lupine sure did deserve a ribbon. Silly Finn, loving a dirty sock.

    ReplyDelete