Friday, May 9, 2008

A Splash of Colour

The London Friendship Quilter's Guild meeting was last night and all of the guild challenge quilts were on display. They gave out prizes (gift certificates for a quilt store!!) at the end of the night to the top three quilts. The winners' quilts were amazing works of art and pictures will be posted on the guild website (The link is in my sidebar). Although my quilt did not win any prizes, I am very pleased with how it turned out and I will be putting it into our guild quilt show in the fall. Here is a picture of my quilt and the label I made for the back of it:


My teenaged daughter came up with the name of the quilt: "A Splash of Colour".

I also made some postcards from the extra fabric and fish:

I am now working on my next project, Pentecost Banners for my church. The first one is fused but not sewn yet. The sewing part will happen next week. The banner will be in the church this Sunday. I have another banner to make as well. Next week will be busy!! I will put a picture of the banner in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment