Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quilting show in St. Mary's

This past Saturday, my quilting friend and I went to St. Mary's for the Piecemakers Quilt show at the local community centre. We spent quite a while looking at all of the quilts, followed by a one hour talk by a quilt historian and appraiser about dating and preserving old quilts. We had lunch in the tea room and then did a little stash building at the vendors stalls. We had to vote for our favourite full size and small quilts. Here are pictures of our favourites:


This was my favourite small quilt. It was made with scraps from a full sized quilt that was also on display.
This one was my quilting friend's favourite full sized quilt. She hopes to make a log cabin quilt sometime soon.

This was my favourite full sized quilt. Very eye catching!

I ran out of memory on my camera to take a picture of the small quilt she liked the best.

An update on my guild challenge project. I finished quilting it last night and will put the binding on tonight. I will be glad to take this off my UFO list! Next, I will be making a Pentecost banner for my church and then a gift for my MIL for her birthday at the end of the month. After that, I need to make some quilts with some of the beautiful fabric that I have purchased over the past few months. I have been looking through my quilting patterns and have picked one that uses mostly fat quarters...

Working full time means a lot less time for hobbies!

No comments:

Post a Comment