Monday, April 7, 2008

Charity Quilt Top


Today, my quilting friend and I put together a quilt top for the Children's Aid Society-- a project of my quilt guild. She laid out the blocks, ironed and cut dog ears. I sewed and sewed... We were both very pleased with how the quilt top turned out. I just have to add the border and it will be ready for someone else in the quilt guild to quilt it. I will be bringing it to Thursday's guild meeting.

I have quite a few items for show and tell for this meeting. I have been unemployed for the last couple of months and have been taking advantage of the extra time to do lots of quilting projects. Here are a few of my recent projects.


This quilt will be getting borders shortly and will be going in our guest room once it is quilted and bound. The pattern is called "Yellow Brick Road" and it has 30 different fabrics in it. I spent over a year collecting the fabrics from several different quilting stores. I carried a zip lock bag in my purse for ages with one fabric in it that I wanted to co-ordinate with all the others. I am thrilled with this quilt. It is really out on a limb for me as I do not usually sew anything that is purple.

I also had a chance to take a paper piecing class--something that I had always wanted to do. Here is the sampler that I made at the class and a birdhouse banner that I made as well.



I purchased a kit to make a flannel lap quilt in the summer of 2006 and finally finished it as well. It has been used many times when my daughter and I are watching TV together.



I have made a couple of table runners from charm packs. I purchased patterns for charm pack table runners last fall at a shop hop in the Niagara Falls area. I keep some for myself and some I give away as gifts. I quilt these on my sewing machine. I usually hire a quilter with a large quilting machine to do my bed sized quilts. Here is one table runner and I will post the picture of the other one I made recently after I put the binding on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment