Monday, August 25, 2008

A Gift for Violet

My cousin and his wife had a baby girl, Violet, a couple of weeks ago. Tonight, I made her a quilted ABC book from a panel. I have made quite a few of these books over the years. If you happen to know Violet or her parents, please do not tell them about this gift. It will be delivered to her in mid September. Here is Violet's book:
Yesterday, my quilting friend and I got together for a couple of hours. I finished sewing the blocks together for the 4th strip of my "Fiddlesticks" quilt. I started this Jelly Roll quilt about a year ago and then never got back to it to finish it. I want to put in into the guild quilt show so I am working to complete the top so it can be machine quilted. There will be sashing between each row and 2 borders around the outside of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment