Sunday, August 3, 2008

The last 6 sampler blocks

The last block for my scrappy sampler quilt was posted on Claudia's quilts website on August 1st so I have spent some time this weekend making the blocks. Here they are...


In order to get this quilt done before the guild quilt show in October, I have decided to do a different type of border than the website shows in the picture of the completed quilt. I am in the process of sewing the blocks together--they are all laid out on the floor of my family room. I am excited to be closing in on the completion of another quilt for the quilt show. I would like to finish two more UFO's for the show (Fiddlesticks--a jelly roll quilt--the top is almost all sewn together, and a snowman wall hanging that is partially quilted--I am quilting it myself. ) I have some nautical fabric which I purchased last summer on a vacation in the Maritimes at Suttles and Seawinds in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. There are two stores there--one is filled with clothing and giftware and the other is a huge post and beam structure filled with quilts and beautiful fabrics. Here is a picture I took of inside the quilt store:


I bought several fat quarters of nautical fabric while I was there and found a pattern called "Longitude" in a FQ book which I thought would be perfect for my fabric. I had to spend a lot of time finding some more nautical fabric --two pieces --1 m and 2m lengths. I finally found what I needed at a quilt store in Goderich. This quilt will remind me of our family trip to the Maritimes and the fun that we had together. Here is the fabric.
I'll keep you posted on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment