Saturday, June 6, 2009

Quilted Table Swap and University Quilt Progress

Yesterday, my Quilted Table Yahoo group swap table runner arrived in the mail. It was made by a quilter from Eclectic, Alabama. Chris made me a beautiful Italian Pasta themed runner and matching tea towel (the tea towel is way too nice to use!). Here is a picture of the runner and the tea towel. Chris has an embroidery machine and the chef blocks and the herb blocks were done on it. What a lovely gift!!!

I have been working on my daughter's university quilt and have made some progress on some more pieced blocks. I had a couple of friends over for a very small Quilter's (and Knitters!) Night in Canada on Wednesday and I worked on the university quilt while Karen sewed binding on a table runner that she made and Pat started to knit a pair of socks for herself. (I did not take any pictures that night--I will try to remember to do that at the next QNIC.) Here are a few of the blocks completed and some of the blocks that are just about done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

    I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

    I look forward to hearing from you.


    Here is info on the latest giveaway: Win: 1 Frosted Memories Fat Quarter Bundle by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics ! To enter simply "tell a friend" to spread the word about Quilt Qua. You can send an e-mail to people, post on your blog, comment on someone else's blog, put info in your guild newsletter, etc. Then send an e-mail to: quiltqua@gmail.com and let me know what you did. Enter as often as you wish. Random drawing for the winner will be at 10 pm July 31st. (Feel free to post giveaway info on your site)

    Let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!



    --
    Thank you,
    Connie Colten
    Quilt Qua
    www.quiltqua.com
    619-562-0867

    ReplyDelete