Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back to blogging...

I'm back! I was away in cold southern climes (Florida) for the last few days for a meeting for work. I wore my winter coat most of the time I was away. No time for a visit to a quilt store. :( Oh, well!

Tonight, quilty friend, Nancy came over. She cut up some thrift store shirts while I worked on three projects with tight deadlines. I seem to do a lot of that lately--working to deadlines.

First, I made a row for the Row Robin that my quilt guild is starting tomorrow night. I am in a group of 4 or 5 quilters. Each of us makes a row to start our quilt and then passes it on to someone else in the group. Each person in the group makes one row for each quilter. We have one month to make the row before passing it on to the next person. The quilt that I get back is the one for which I made the first row. We are to write a note specifying what theme/type of fabrics that we want used for our quilt. I made my row from some neat batik circle fabric that I purchased a year or two ago. I will be passing the circle fabric along with my row so that all of the rows will have some circle fabric in them. I think there should be lots of creative ways to use the fabric. Here is my row:The second project I worked on tonight is a baby quilt for a friend who is having a baby in February. It is an I Spy Quilt. I finished piecing the rows together tonight and hope to quilt it this weekend.Thanks Nancy, for holding it up for me to take a picture!

My third project of the night was my fabric postcard for the monthly quilted postcard exchange at our guild meeting tomorrow night. Since most people I know over-indulge at Christmas, I decided to make a sugar-free, calorie free "chocolate" post card this month.

I hope the recipient likes it!

Yesterday, when I got home, there was a package waiting for me. I entered into a give-away on Quilter Kathy's blog for a package of charm squares to make a quilt for a child. I told Kathy I would make an I Spy quilt for the Children's Aid Society in London. Our quilt guild has been making quilts for kids in foster care through this agency for years now. Kathy sent me a message a couple of weeks ago to say that I had won the charms! Here they are:
They will make a cheery, fun quilt! I will work on this quilt in the spring.

That's all for now.

Happy quilting...

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your row! I am looking forward to seeing it in person.
    Congrats on your win........I read Kathy and remember seeing that your name got picked. Fun fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the charms arrived safe and sound...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun, I love the cheery butterfly! A lucky little person to get the quilt from you!!!

    ReplyDelete