Monday, March 22, 2010

National Quilting Day

Friday night, I celebrated National Quilting day a day early by going to Cherished Pieces in Tillsonburg with a few friends. I purchased fabric for the borders and back of my Grateful Heart sampler. The fabric was washed and dried on the weekend and now needs to be ironed and cut. I started to sew the first row of the quilt together after sewing the Grandmother's fan block into layout "C". (see previous post)

I spent National Quilting Day at Canada Blooms in Toronto with my husband. Lots of flowers and gardens to look at as well as booths full of gardening supplies, furniture, seeds, plants, etc. I did not really buy anything but we did speak to the man who will be building and installing our new gazebo later this Spring. Last Fall, we had our backyard landscaped with a new patio, bubbling rock, etc. The gazebo will be at one end of our patio and will provide a shady spot to do some visiting and maybe even some hand sewing!

Tonight, I spent the evening at Jacqui's for a QNIC. (Quilting Night in Canada) Chris worked on her braid quilt and Jacqui did some machine quilting while I made flying geese for my Grateful heart Sampler. I need to make 156 flying geese and I got about 1/2 of them done tonight. My camera battery needs to be recharged so I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them to my blog for all to see.

Come back again later this week to see the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment