Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fly Away Home has flown the coop!

"Fly Away Home" is done. I finished the hanging sleeve when I got home from my vacation and I delivered it to one of the co-chairs of the International Plowing Match Quilt Show today. The quilt competition and show are this weekend--Friday and Saturday in Shedden, Ontario at the Keystone Complex at the Fairgrounds. If you are in this area, you might want to stop in and take a look at the quilts. There will also be vendors and a refreshment area. I will be there most of the day on Saturday. The judging will take place on Wednesday and the show will be set up on Thursday, and then open to the public on Friday and Saturday. The quilts will be displayed again at the International Plowing Match at the St. Thomas airport in September.

I just signed up for Amy's Online Quilt Show. I hope all of you enjoy my sampler quilt. Click on "Grateful Heart Sampler" in the list in the sidebar if you want to see close-ups of each block as I was working on them. I spent a few months piecing the blocks for this quilt and then had it machine quilted by a local longarm quilter. The original pattern came from a magazine.

I will do another vacation blog shortly.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing this gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - and oh my, I know where Shedden is! I'm from Michigan but bought my Viking Designer 1's from a tiny quilt shop in Shedden! Love it up there!

    Will there be prizes? Cuz I think this should win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sampler quilt! I love your helpers fingers in the photo too. Thanks for the smile. Good luck to you on your other festival entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful sampler style quilt. It reminds me of last years Thimbleberries Club quilt called 3's Company. I like the way you have assorted sized blocks in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be proud your quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great quilt! be sure and let us know how it does at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sampler quilts and yours is gorgeous, Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sampler quilt. Absolutely beautiful. You did a fantastic job.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt! I hope it gets the recognition it deserves at the quilt show. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just such an amazing quilt i just want to droooooool allllllll over it
    well i actually do like it btw
    143

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely!!! colors are great, materials are great, and all your squares in this sampler are fantastic. thanks for sharing such a beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice quilt, thanks for sharing,Amy

    ReplyDelete