Monday, May 31, 2010

QNIC with Jacqui

Jacqui at Treadle Quilts and I are partners this time around at the Elgin Piecemakers Guild to make a comfort quilt for a cancer patient at our local hospital. We decided to use a jelly roll that I had in my stash and divided it into two colour families. We decided to make two quilts instead of just one. I have wanted to learn how to make a friendship braid quilt since I saw Jacqui's at a quilt show a couple of years ago. Jacqui purchased a green fabric and a burgandy fabric to go with the colour families. Tonight, we got together and cut out the pieces for the braids and started sewing. I am working on the green quilt and Jacqui is working on the burgandy quilt. There will be sashing and a border as well but we will wait to listen to the quilt "speak to us" about what type of fabric we should use for these! Here is a picture of the beginnings of my first two braids:

We will work on our braids again at our next QNIC. The quilts are to be done by our September meeting. For pictures of Jacqui's braids, go to her blog. I am looking forward to our next QNIC!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt - and such a wonderful goal. Just found your blog through Jacqui's, you do beautiful work. I'm intrigued with QNIC - as a Canadian I'm wondering why I've never heard of it before - can you tell me more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg: QNIC is Gail's name for our quilting get togethers while everyone else watches Hockey Night in Canada :-)!

    Gail...I've put a link on my blog post to your's about our project. The green braids look really good in the picture too. I think these are going to be fun. We'll have to get together soon.

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete