Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hexagon Progress

I just spent the last hour or so finishing my hexagons for this quilt. I have not finalized the layout of this quilt yet. Any ideas???  I love the colours--very Spring-like!

Last Saturday, the Elgin Piecemakers had a sewing day at a local church. I worked on my mystery quilt all day long. I finished off the first clue--the centre of this medalion quilt--this clue was given out in October 2011.  I started the 2nd clue, handed out in November and finished 11/20 units for this border. I am not allowed to show pictures of my progress so a picture of my chain piecing will have to do.


10 days ago, Christine and I got together to sew and she has now finished her Roll Roll Cotton Boll flimsy. I have to get going and get mine done too!  I am too easily distracted by other projects :-(

Looks great!

This past Thursday evening, the Elgin Piecemakers met at my house for our monthly meeting. I aksed everyone to bring a 7" by WOF strip of fabric in one of three colours (pink, orange or yellow). I used my GO machine to cut the strips into tumbler blocks and started sewing them into pairs today. Here is my progress so far and a picture of all the tumblers on my "design floor".


These will be made into a quilt top for an adult chemo patient at our local hospital.

I also asked everyone to bring in their oldest UFO and to tell the story of when/why they started it and never finished it.  The oldest UFO owner won a prize! (A Patchwork Quilt candle--sorry--I forgot to take a picture of the prize!)  Shirley won with her 61 year old UFO--an embroidered table cloth that she started before she got married and never finished!

She just has a few yellow flower centres and some stems to embroider!

It was a fun meeting with lots of wonderful show and tell as usual. We also had some charity quilts displayed in various stages of completion: 

I will have to start working on next month's block--the colours are pink, green and white.

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment