Sunday, January 8, 2012

I've been away...

I was away for a week after Christmas visiting this guy and some of his friends so I have not done a lot of sewing lately...

My SIL was very pleased with her Christmas gift this year...

It makes me happy when people like and use the quilts I make for them!

The London Friendship Quilters' Guild January meeting is this week so I finished off the binding tonight on my Blue Ridge Beauty quilt for show and tell. I will post a picture of the entire quilt later this week--I need two quilt holders and a sunny day to get a good picture.


Karen Cole quilted this quilt for me--she also quilted my Creamsicles by the Sea quilt in this post. I am hoping to have my Roll Roll Cotton Boll top completed sometime in the next couple of weeks and Karen will be quilting it too.


I almost forgot to show you the backing fabric on my SIL's Spinning 4 Patch quilt. The colours are perfect!

I have signed up for a mystery quilt with the LFQG and finally have all my fabrics purchased, washed and ready to go for it. I am using a flannel fat quarter bundle that I purchased in the US a few years ago and some co-ordinating lighter coloured flannel yardage for the background. I am already 2 months behind on the mystery and we are getting another clue this week. I am hoping to make a stab at getting caught up this week. I need to add the borders to RRCB too. Lots to do, not enough time to do it all--same old story!

Have a good week. I am back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Gail ... the Blue Ridge Beauty looks great!

    ReplyDelete