Sunday, March 17, 2013

Odds and Ends and a Stash Report


I managed to eek out a bit of time this week to work on a few different projects.

I finished off step one of the Lazy Sunday morning mystery by Bonnie Hunter in Quiltmaker Magazine--All bagged up and ready for step 2!

I finished the binding on the Baseball Scrappy Trips quilt


and machine stitched the binding to my aunt's quilt...I have started the hand sewing part and hope to finish it off tonight while my husband and I watch Downton Abbey.

The quilting was done by Cathy at Eagles Wings Quilts with a swirly daisy pattern.


I started my brown and light 9 patches for the mystery quilt that I am doing with the London Friendship guild.  Here are all the patches I have received in the swap so far:

I still have to add the pink, brown and black 9 patches to this pile. We will get our final set of patches at our May meeting along with the final instructions on how to assemble the quilt.

I started assembling some of the units --we were given these instructions last month.

This afternoon, I made a 12 1/2" block for the Elgin Piecemaker's charity quilt for this month. We were told to use teal and brown. I adapted Bonnie Hunter's pattern for a 9" Betty's Choice block in the March April '13 edition of Quiltmaker for my block. 

I also managed to make two pillowcases... these are gifts.

So, on to the stash report....No purchases this week!

Fabric used in the last week: 9.25 yards
Total fabric used this year: 71.3 yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: ZERO!!!
Total fabric added this year: 60.25 yards
Net fabric used this year: 11.05 yards. 

I have the backing to do for Swoon this week so that should help next week's report.  I donated 5 yards to our Guild rummage sale this week so that is included in the numbers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you've been mega busy. Your scrappy trip looks amazing and I love the pillow cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are little bits of fun all over this post, not bad for a working girl, huh? I like to make the best of those "15 minutes" we find here and there!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete