I have been working away this past week on several projects including my aunt's quilt--I added the border and pieced the back and shipped it off to the quilter's house. It will be ready for me to pick up on Monday after work! In my last post, I said I was not that excited about how this quilt was looking, but now that the borders are on, I like it a lot better.
I also made 20 pink 9-patches this week for the mystery quilt at the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. I am accumulating quite a variety of 9 patches from the swap and they will be incorporated into the mystery quilt when I sew all of the units together. Stay tuned for more progress on this quilt.
Christine, Cathy and I have decided to do the Lazy Sunday mystery designed by Bonnie Hunter for Quiltmaker Magazine. We started on step one this week.
I have made all of the 4 patch units and most of the green HST's.
The long arm quilter finished off my scrappy trips quilt this week so I added the binding. I still have to do the hand sewing part.
Cathy used an appropriate pantograph for this quilt which included gloves,
bats and stars,
I started to piece the back of my swoon quilt and soon discovered that I had not bought enough fabric so I made a quick call to Pam at Mad About Patchwork, and I soon had the extra fabric I needed to finish the back and binding. I will put the back together this week after the fabric is washed. I am happy to be finishing off all of these projects!
Here is my weekly stash report:
Fabric used in the last week: 8 yards
Total fabric used this year: 62.05 yards
Fabric added to the stash in the last week: 5 yards
Total fabric added this year: 60.25 yards
Net fabric used this year: 1.8 yards. WooHoo! I am in the black again!