Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Before and After

Before I went to Michigan for the Beaver Island Quilt Retreat, I thoroughly cleaned my sewing machine. I used my paint brush to get rid of all of the fuzzies that were in the bobbin mechanism and in the upper part of the machine. I oiled the bobbin winder, as it was making a terrible screeching sound like it was being tortured every time I wound a bobbin. It was much quieter after oiling!  I also oiled the other moving parts of the machine and ran the machine to get all the oil worked it. I changed the needle and wound several bobbins in preparation for my sewing extravaganza.

Christine and I got together for our weekly sewing night earlier this week and before she arrived, I decided to clean my sewing machine ... I think it was overdue!  Yuck!  You can tell I did lots of sewing at BIQR!

It is all cleaned out now, and humming along happily once again.

I tried a new block when Christine was is a disappearing 4 patch.

This one is destined for an Elgin Piecemakers charity quilt. The colours for our November meeting are lime green, black and white.  The instructions on how to make this block can be found here. ( It looks complicated but is really quite simple to make. The only tricky part...there are lots of bias edges to sew together. I also worked on a Christmas gift.

Christine is making a Scrappy Trips Halloween quilt for her family to snuggle while watching Halloween movies together.   She hopes to have it done by this Halloween.

Looking good, Christine!

My next post will be about Gwen's quilts that she showed us at BIQR.

No comments:

Post a Comment